Grayson R.E.C.C. is awarding two all-expense paid trips to Washington, DC
Applications for the 2022 Rural Electric Youth Tour are now being accepted by Grayson R.E.C.C.. Four semifinalists will be chosen to represent their respective schools at the Frankfort Youth Tour in March 2022 (date to be determined), along with other students from the state. Up to two students will then be selected from the semifinalists to represent Grayson
R.E.C.C. on an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC, June 17-24, 2022. These students will travel with other sponsored youth and Kentucky co-op employed chaperones to Washington, DC where they will tour landmarks of the Capital City and learn more about how government works.
- Student must be enrolled as a junior in public high school or currently hold the status equivalent to junior in an accredited home-based school program or private institution at time application is made.
- Applicant’s parents or legal guardians must have an active residential with Grayson R.E.C.C. and account must be registered in one or both names.
- Applicant must submit a typed essay of 250-500 words on “Why I Should Be Grayson R.E.C.C.’s Delegate to Washington, DC.”
- Entries will be judged on sincerity of essay content. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation are essential.
- Judging and selections will be made by persons in the communications and/or education professionals not employed by Grayson R.E.C.C..
- The applicant must not be related to an employee or director of Grayson R.E.C.C..
- A copy of applicant’s parents’ or legal guardians’ Grayson R.E.C.C. electric bill must accompany the essay and application for verification of service.
For additional information, contact Kim Bush at 1-800-562-3532, or 606-474-2125 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other information about the youth tour can be found at www.electric.coop/our-organization/youth- programs/.
Youth Tour applications typically distribute in January. Deadlines will be decided by then as well.
DISCLAIMER: Youth tour awards will be chosen by the decision of a panel of judges selected by Grayson Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. All decisions of the judges are final. All materials, images, resumes, essays and applications submitted by the applicant become the sole and absolute property of Grayson Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation. It is the sole decision and discretion of Grayson R.E.C.C. to disqualify any applicant who does not comply with any of the entry and participation rules as set forth in the application process. Incomplete or inappropriate entries will not be considered for awards.